This week Lisa Hough, Head of Support Services, and Christine Rowan, Logistics Manager share their fond memories from the past ten years
I have some wonderful memories of working for 14IP over the past nearly 10 years and below are some of them.
- I have a big smile on my face now when I think back to the very early days/months at our old office when most of the time there were never more than 3-4 people in the office. It was a large office and who would have ever thought that we would grow out of it.
- Going shopping at Tesco in Leigh with Vicki to kit out the kitchen with a kettle, toaster, and fridge (it had to have a freezer compartment so Neil could put ice cream and lollies in there).
- We received a bottle of champagne from one of our suppliers, so Vicki, Lisa, and Deb, and I had a Champagne Friday.
- Our first Christmas lunch at the Greyhound pub round the corner and opening our Secret Santa gifts – the least said about my gift the better Lisa Hough!!!!
- Deb Hatchard bringing her Dyson Hoover from home and hoovering the carpets, she didn’t think the Henry one we had was good enough.
- Our move to the new office in Wigan, I was so excited with the amount of warehouse space. And we now have our wonderful racking installed.
- All the fun at the company Christmas parties, which have always included partners, form Chiquito’s at Bolton, Casino in Manchester, Event City Manchester (I didn’t get to go to this one though), Big Blue hotel & the White Tower Blackpool and not to mention the last one at Madam Tussauds Blackpool, which will take some beating.
- And last but certainly not the least – making new friends over the years which have become the wonderful Fourteen IP family we have today UK & US.
• A nice memory I have is from when Fourteen IP first started and there was only a handful of us in the office, it was an exciting time. But more than anything, when I think back about it, it was a really special time. Everyone was ‘all in’ and doing everything they possibly could to make us a success. We were a really close-knit, happy little team.
• Champagne Fridays!
• All of our Christmas parties have been fabulous. The 1st one was at a Mexican restaurant and it was just the original team with their partners. The parties have definitely evolved and become much, much bigger now!