Ascom reseller and valued partner, Fourteen IP, has completed a major telephony upgrade for one of the UK’s most prestigious serviced apartment properties – leveraging Ascom’s enterprise class smartphones to help the customer streamline a five-star service.
The project is the latest in a series of high-profile UK hospitality contracts for the partnership, with Ascom and Fourteen IP recently providing Myco 3 handsets to 4 premium hotels in the capital.
Owned and operated by one of the world’s biggest luxury hotel and hospitality brands, the converted Edwardian townhouse in question is divided into a series of high-end apartments, which are serviced by 24/7 staff providing everything from concierge and maid services to maintenance, gardening, and personal shopping.
In addition to guaranteeing a high-quality comms solution for guests, a key specification in the telephony upgrade brief was to enable enhanced communication, and task co-ordination, between individuals and teams on staff – leveraging the existing telecoms infrastructure to do so.
Fourteen IP, a global specialist in hosted voice and data solutions in the hospitality sector, achieved this by IP enabling the property’s existing DECT solution and using Ascom’s enterprise class Myco smartphones – which operate on both DECT and Wifi – to facilitate device consolidation and greater access to hospitality management software applications. Including the customer’s own proprietary application.
Richard Ford from Fourteen IP said: “This project highlighted a challenge we often see hotels wrestling with. DECT typically offers better voice stability but DECT-only handsets don’t support extensive use of the smart communication and management applications that have become so useful for the hospitality industry. Conversely, ‘high street’ smartphones that do provide app usage over Wifi, don’t have the roaming quality or reliability needed for commercial applications at scale.
“As a result, you end up with different staff using a range of different devices which, as well as being cumbersome, can end up with messages being missed and tasks taking more time than they should. In a hospitality setting, where first-class service is part of the brand DNA, this is far from ideal. By using Ascom’s Myco handsets for this project, and many like it, we overcome this issue and deliver the best of both worlds.”
For over 60 years, Ascom enterprise solutions have been empowering mobile workers by bringing the benefits of on-the-go communication and collaboration to workplaces around the world.
Fourteen IP has a global unified communications network and is continually seeking best-of-breed partners and brands to enrich both staff and guest experienced within the hospitality sector. The company has been a channel partner for over 7 years, offering Ascom’s wide range of DECT and VoWifi handsets as part of end-to-end unified comms systems for hotel and hospitality settings.
Ford added: “We know that Ascom solutions easily integrate with virtually any telephony, alarm, IT and process management system. Together with their proven track record in global hospitality, this means that – as their reseller – we have complete confidence in what we’re offering and know that deployment will be straightforward. This latest project is certainly testimony to what can be achieved through strong channel partnerships.”
Notes to editors
- Ascom is a global provider of communication and collaboration solutions for enterprise, healthcare and long-term care organizations.
- The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere. Ascom’s mission is to provide mission-critical, near-real-time solutions for highly mobile, ad hoc, and time-sensitive environments. Ascom uses its unique product and solutions portfolio and software architecture capabilities to devise integration and mobilisation solutions that provide truly smooth, complete, and efficient workflows.
- Ascom is headquartered in Baar, Switzerland and has subsidiaries in 15 countries and employs around 1,300 people worldwide. Ascom registered shares (ASCN) are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
- Established in the UK for more than 60 years, Ascom’s expertise spans hardware manufacture (hand-held devices), software development and systems integration. Ascom UK has two key divisions: Healthcare, where it works with NHS trusts and private healthcare organisations, and: Enterprise – covering retail, manufacturing, and hospitality. Ascom UK enterprise solutions speed up the flow of vital information between management systems and workers carrying out tasks – helping them to deliver efficiency improvements and cost savings.
- In healthcare, Ascom solutions speed up the flow of vital information between clinicians – helping them to give better care and save lives in time-critical situations such as sepsis diagnosis.
For more information visit www.ascom.com
About Fourteen IP
- Fourteen IP operates globally with three network operations centres in Orlando, UK, and Europe supporting hundreds of thousands of guest rooms for prestigious brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Four Seasons and many more.
- At Fourteen IP, we believe in empowering hospitality with reliable, easy-to-use internet access, hotel telephony, conferencing, and wireless charging solutions.
- Fourteen IP are a multi-national carrier running its own carrier-grade telephony platforms in the UK, Europe and across the United States allowing Fourteen IP to provide service for hotels right across EMEA and North America
- The vision of Fourteen IP is to make hospitality communications simple and effective, providing you with the solutions you need to deliver the advanced customer experience today’s hotel guests expect.
- Fourteen IP pride themselves on a truly personal tailored service and 365 tech support. Taking the complexity out of solutions and delivering them in a way that is simple and effective enriches the services customers are providing to their clients.
For more information visit www.fourteenip.com