What AI-driven customer service maturity looks like
According to a recently published article by analysts McKinsey and Company, on the “AI-enabled customer service”, our AI-powered virtual agent solution EVA, has achieved level four on a five-level scale, describing the maturity of a company’s AI-driven customer service.
The article describes how a few leading institutions have reached level four on the scale but from the McKinsey scale shown below, it is easy to see how our AI IVR system has achieved level four maturity when it is successfully managing 70-80 percent of interactions and can support most requests and transactions. In some aspects EVA (Evolution Virtual Agent) is beginning to approach level five with our recognition of guest loyalty status and subsequent responses and recommendations befitting that status.
AI-Driven Customer Maturity Scale
Level 1: Manual and high-touch, based on paper forms and offered largely via assisted channels.
- Reactive service, with the majority of interactions on human-assisted channels
- Paper use is still prevalent
Level 2: Partly automated and basic digital channels, with digitisation and automation of servicing in assisted channels.
- Reactive service, with limited self-servicing opportunities
- Lower adoption of available self-service channels
- Lower availability of digital or straight-through-processing (STP)
Level 3: Accessible and speedy service via digital channels, with self-servicing on select channels and a focus on enabling end-to-end resolution.
- Somewhat proactive, but limited engagement
- Self-service channels such as mobile apps, interactive voice response (IVR) systems, and internet sites handle half of all interactions, and can support STP.
Level 4: Proactive and efficient engagement deploying AI-enabled tech, with self-servicing enabled by proactive customer interactions and conversational user experience (UX).
- Proactive, with high customer engagement on digital channels
- Self-service channels such as mobile apps, IVR systems, and internet sites handle 70-80 percent of interactions and can support most requests and transactions
Level 5: Personalised, digitally enabled engagement, bringing back the human touch via predictive intent recognition.
- Engagement via service interactions that are personalised and proactive at the individual customer leve
- Digital touchpoints drive service-based engagement, for example via enhanced cross-selling and upselling
- More than 95 percent of service interactions and requests can be solved via digital and STP channels
* Maturity metrics achieved by EVA in red
Click here to read the McKinsey article in full or get in touch to find out how EVA can successfully manage 70-80% of your guest calls.